Snoring Clinic at Karnataka ENT Hospital and Research Center (R)
Snoring Clinic Facility is available at Karnataka ENT Hospital and Research Center(R). Snoring is the vibration of respiratory structures and the resulting sound, due to obstructed air movement during breathing while sleeping. In some cases the sound may be soft, but in other cases, it can be loud and unpleasant. Snoring during sleep may be a sign, or first alarm, of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Generally speaking the structures involved are the uvula and soft palate. The irregular airflow is caused by a passageway blockage and is usually due to one of the following:
- Throat weakness, causing the throat to close during sleep.
- Mispositioned jaw, often caused by tension in the muscles.
- Fat gathering in and around the throat.
- Obstruction in the nasal passageway.
- Obstructive sleep apnea.
- The tissues at the top of airways touching each other, causing vibrations.
- Relaxants such as alcohol or drugs relaxing throat muscles.
- Sleeping on one's back, which may result in the tongue dropping to the back of the mouth.
Contact us to know more about Snoring Clinic Facility at Karnataka ENT Hospital and Research Center or to book an appointment for Snoring related problems and treatment.