Adults Hearing Evaluation
Various kinds of special tests are available at Karnataka ENT Hospital and Research Center(R), to determine the exact cause and nature of the disease. Special tests are categorized basically in two departments: adults and children.
Adults hearing evaluation facility is available at Karnataka ENT Hospital and Research Center (R), which can assess the cause and nature of the hearing impairment in adults.
Following Hearing assessment Tests are done at Karnataka ENT Hospital and Research Center(R) :
- Hearing Assessment suiting to all age groups (from one day after birth onwards).
- Pure tone Audiometry.
- Speech Audiometry.
- Free field Audiometry/Visual Reinforcement Audiometry/ Conditioned Response audiometry.
- Behaviour Response audiometry.
- Acoustic Immitance Studies: Tympanogram, Stapedial reflex, Reflex decay.
- Eustachain tube function test (ETF1 & ETF2).
- Special Tests of Hearing: SISI, Tone Decay Threshold , STAT, DLI, DLF, ABLB, MLB, MLD, MCL, UCL Loudness Scaling.
- Brain Stem Evoked Response Audiometry: for threshold of Hearing Estimation & Otoneurological diagnosis.
- ASSR (Auditory Steady State Response)
- Hearing aid Trial and Fitting.
- Tests for pseudohypacusis.