Important and common diseases affecting the nose and sinuses: Click on the following links for detailed information.
- Allergic Rhinitis: An allergic reaction causing sneezing, congestion, and a runny nose.
- Deviated Septum: A displacement of the nasal septum causing breathing difficulties.
- Nasal Polyps: Noncancerous growths in the nasal passages or sinuses.
- Epistaxis (Nosebleeds): Common and can be due to various factors, including dry air, trauma, or underlying health issues.
- Non-Allergic Rhinitis: Chronic sneezing or a congested, runny nose not caused by allergies.
- Acute Sinusitis: Short-term inflammation of the sinuses, usually due to infection.
- Chronic Sinusitis: Long-term inflammation of the sinuses, which may persist for months and often requires more complex treatment.
- Sinus Tumors: Can be benign or malignant and may affect the nasal passages and sinus cavities.
- Fungal Sinusitis: An infection of the sinuses by fungi.
- Sinonasal Papillomas: Benign tumors that can grow in the sinuses or nasal cavity.
These conditions can significantly impact the quality of life and may require a range of treatments from medication to, in some cases, surgery. Early diagnosis and management are key to preventing complications and improving outcomes.