Nose and sinus problems are common and can significantly affect a person’s quality of life. The issues generally involve inflammation or obstruction in the nasal passages or sinuses.
Common nasal problems include:
- Allergic Rhinitis: Triggered by allergens like pollen, dust mites, or pet dander, causing sneezing, congestion, and a runny nose.
- Deviated Septum: A displacement of the wall between the nostrils, which can cause difficulty breathing and is often a result of injury.
- Nasal Polyps: These are painless, noncancerous growths on the lining of your nasal passages or sinuses that can obstruct airflow.
Environmental irritants, such as cigarette smoke and pollution, can exacerbate both nose and sinus problems. Treatment usually involves managing symptoms with medication, but in some cases, surgery may be necessary to correct anatomical issues or remove obstructions. Regular cleaning of the nasal passages, like using saline sprays, can also help maintain sinus health.
Sinus problems often involve sinusitis, which is the inflammation of the sinuses. Causes include:
- Infection: Bacterial, viral, or fungal infections can cause sinusitis.
- Blockage: Anything that blocks the drainage channels of the sinuses can lead to infection, such as colds or allergies.
- Other Causes: These can include dental infections, nasal polyps, or a weakened immune system.
Micro ear surgery utilizes an operating microscope and precise instruments to treat ear disorders with minimally invasive techniques. It’s indicated for conditions like chronic ear infections, cholesteatoma, and otosclerosis, and can involve procedures like stapedectomy. This approach allows for detailed ear structure visualization, enhancing surgical outcomes and recovery.