Dr PRAHLADA N B
Dr. Prahlada N.B is a graduate of JJM Medical College (Mysore University), Davanagere, Karnataka. He completed his Master of Surgery in ENT-Head & Neck Surgery from the most prestigious and premier Institute of India, the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh. Later, he received advanced training in Advanced Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Ear & Skull Base Surgery and Head & Neck Cancer and Reconstructive Surgery, Micro-vascular reconstructive Surgery and Voice Surgery in various prestigious Institutes at abroad.
In year 2000, he was awarded Dr. RAF Cooper National Award for his Original Surgical technique, Karnataka Flap for Mastoid Obliteration, first and only person to get this award in the state of Karnataka.
As a resource person, he has delivered lectures, chaired sessions and demonstrated various surgeries in more than 200 national and international courses and conferences. He has trained more than 50 junior ENT Surgeons from India as well as abroad. He has produced many educational CD/DVDs to teach ENT fraternity. He holds membership in many professional societies and has also served some of these societies at various capacities. He has organized many national and international academic events.
He is associated with Rotary International and has conducted more than 250 camps in more than 6 countries and has performed free surgeries for more than 16,000 poor patients with various Ear problems. Recognizing his yeoman service, the Rotary International has awarded him the most prestigious Professional Excellence Award. Since, August 2010 he is working as a Senior Consultant and Chief, Department of ENT-Head & Neck Surgery and Skull Base Surgery at BGS Global Hospital, Bangalore. His interests are Advanced Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Ear & Skull Base Surgery and Head & Neck Cancer and Reconstructive Surgery, Micro-vascular reconstructive Surgery and Voice Surgery.
Milestones of Dr Prahlada N B
2. Won Dr. Mahadevaiah Gold Medal for Best Consultant paper for Case series. Paper: Bondy's Modified Radical Mastoidectomy with Cavity Obliteration for Cholesteatoma.
2. Demonstrated Lateral Skull Base Surgery at Colombo Naitonal Hospital, organized by College of Otolaryngolgists of Srilanka
2. Won Dr. S. K. Mondal Gold Medal for Video presentation. Won Gold Medal. Paper: Gold Prosthesis lid loading procedure for Paralyzed eye due to Facial nerve paralysis.
2. Demonstrated Micro-Ear surgeries in National Hospital, Colombo, organized by College of Otolaryngoloigists of Srilanka.
2.Won Dr. H. Vijayendra Gold Medal for best paper by Consultants.
3.Won Dr. S.K. Mondal Gold Medal for best Video Presentation. Paper: “Management of Adhesive Otitis Media : How I Do It”. Video Presentation. Paper: “Extended Tympanomeatal flap tympanoplasty for Total & Subtotal Perforations”.
2. Won Dr. Hiranniah & Dr. B.G Rudrappa Gold Medal Paper: “Factors for failure of Paediatric tympanoplsty”.
2. Advanced Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Training program, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
2. Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Training program,Singapore National Hospital, Singapore.
2. First Demonstration of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery in FESS course at KKR ENT Institute, Chennai.
3. Invited speaker for "Sunrise Update" during National conference of AOI at Cochin.
2. Joined PGIMER, Chandigarh as Post-Graduate Senior Resident.
3. Cochlear Implant Training Program. University of NSW & St. Vincent’s Hospital, Sidney, Australia.
2. Joined PGIMER, Chandigarh as Post-graduate Junior Resident